WhiteSapphire.com's Ultimate Wedding Playlist
The bride looking lovely and radiant in her immaculate white wedding gown, with her bridesmaids doting on and fussing over her…
The groom looking dashing and more handsome as ever but nervously pacing with the groomsmen teasing him and saying they lost the rings just to watch him squirm, and end up laughing with him and encouraging him…
The parents from both sides teary eyed, sobbing, smiling, sad over “losing a child”, but also happy for “gaining a new one”...
Family, friends and guests happily chatting away and excited to witness the exchange of vows between two hearts destined for each other…
Flowers blooming and decorating the aisle and the halls...
The champagne chilling in shiny silver buckets…
The scent of the sumptuous feast wafting from the pavilion...
Gifts piled high in a corner…
Photographers alert and ready to immortalize each moment with candid snapshots…
Everything seems perfect.
Everyone seems to be in their rightful place.
But there is one intangible element that is essential to getting the mood just right – romantic, joyful, in love…without which the day just won’t be as special...
We’re talking about the MUSIC.
No wedding could be complete without music.
There's music being played via the sound system or played live by wedding performers (a band or solo artist), often both, during the ceremony, after it and during the reception.
Traditionally, “Mendelssohn’s Wedding March" is played as the bride walks down the aisle.
Nowadays, many couples prefer to play their own choice of songs, not only during the bride’s entrance, but in practically every part of the ceremony and afterwards for certain special moments at the reception and party.
A wedding playlist is not a trivial matter and we won’t treat it as such here at WhiteSapphire.com!
For the bride and groom, the choice of the ultimate wedding playlist of songs can dictate what emotions are evoked during various parts of the entire affair.
That’s right...because music has the power to move not just the feet and hips, but the very heart and soul of the listener!
How about this?
- Choice pop songs during the waiting period while people arrive at the venue, waiting for the ceremony to begin…
- The couple’s second favorite love song during the entrance of the entourage…
- Choice gospel songs during the ceremony…
- The couple’s first favorite love song (theme song, if you will) erupting just after or even during the “You may kiss the bride” part…
- Choice soft jazz or upbeat, romantic country numbers during the reception when people are being seated…
- A funny, romantic song playing as they stuff each other’s face with cake
- A special slow rock ballad or R&B number for the couple’s first dance…
- A certain significant song to provide the backdrop for a dance of the groom with his mother, and the bride with her father
- A good selection of “group dance” songs to get the feet a steppin’ (Did someone say “Electric Slide”?)
- A special, significant song to showcase a public dance of him with her mother and her with his father
- A somewhat naughty ditty to provide the ambiance for a flower bouquet toss and/or when he removes her leg garter to toss to the single guys
- Some pop songs and even fast dance, hip-hop, reggae, salsa and techno music during the dance-party portion of the evening…
Though a great musical act or DJ can take a lot of the heavy-lifting and “do it for you”, ultimately we think the choice of music to be played is all up to the newlyweds. How much or how little you want to be involved is up to you. And most musical acts and DJs are totally open to working from your needs. Some help and assistance may be offered by a wedding coordinator, but the final say usually belongs to the special couple.
With this in mind, choosing a wedding playlist may prove to be a daunting task considering the huge amount of musical material to choose from.
It is our goal here at WhiteSapphire.com to provide you with information that matters, about not just jewelry but the moments that matter: romantic times, anniversaries, courting your special someone, gift-giving occasions, and of course weddings and engagements.
Whether it be writing about proposal ideas, ways to spice things up in your relationship, finding out her ring size, the choice of engagement rings, how to pick wedding rings, date night ideas, anniversary gift ideas, etc, we strive to provide not just jewelry but a helpful source of information you can trust with regards to your romantic relationship.
That being said, here we’ve endeavored to assist you with a wedding playlist you can take and use as-is, or treat as a starting list for you to create your own.
This 100+ song list includes popular songs encompassing different musical genres, from jazz, to rock ballads, to R&B and even dance! These hits transcend multiple musical periods from the 1940’s to the present. Our goal is such that if someone were to use this playlist as-is, no matter who the guests are, there would be at least a couple songs on this list that each guest will love.
We’ve arranged and organized these songs according to what we think will be the best time during the entire wedding ceremony each song can be played. But feel free to re-arrange if you want.
Here is WhiteSapphire.com’s Ultimate Wedding Playlist:
During The Bridal Entourage:
- Till Death Do Us Part by White Lion
- All Of Me by John Legend
- Angels Brought Me Here by Guy Sebastian
- Runaway by The Corrs
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- Till There Was You by The Beatles
- I Do (Cherish You) by 98 Degrees
- You Were There by Southern Sons
- I'll Never Break Your Heart by The Backstreet Boys
Because Of You by Keith Martin
During The Entrance of the Bride (besides the traditional Wedding March)
- She by Elvis Costello
- Beautiful In My Eyes by Joshua Kadison
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran
- You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker
She’s Mine by Brett Dennen
During The Ceremony (soft background music)
- The Prayer by Josh Groban
- The Rose by Bette Midler
- Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler
- Fairytale by Enya
- I’ll Be by Edwin McCain
- Honestly by Stryper
18th Floor Balcony by Blue October
“You May Kiss the Bride!”
- God Gave Me You by Brian White
- A Thousand Years by Christina Perri
- From This Moment On by Shania Twain
- I Swear by All 4 One
When I Fall in Love by Nat King Cole
Couple’s First Dance
- It Had To Be You by Tony Bennett
- The Look Of Love by Diana Krall
- At Last by Etta James
- The Way You Look Tonight by Michael Buble
- Misty by Sarah Vaughan
- Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins/Genesis
- I Have Nothing Whitney Houston
- Rest Of Our Life by Tim McGraw (with Faith Hill)
- Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton
If I Keep My Heart Out Of Sight by James Taylor
Rock Ballads for the Couple’s Dance
- Always by Bon Jovi
- Love Of A Lifetime by Firehouse
- Lady by Stryper
- I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi
- You're All I Need by White Lion
- The Search Is Over by Survivor
- When I See You Smile by Bad English
- Sweet Child O’ Mine by Guns n’ Roses
- Love Will Keep Us Alive by The Eagles
I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith
Group Dance Songs
- Gasolina by Daddy Yankee
- Under Pressure by David Bowie & Queen
- Be My Lover by La Bouche
- Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira
- Happy by Pharrell Williams
- Angel by Shaggy
- Hot in Here by Nelly
- Shout by The Isley Brothers
- Single Ladies by Beyoncé
- Cup of Life by Ricky Martin
- This is Good by Ricky Martin
- We Found Love by Rihanna
- Feel This Moment by Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera
- Love Shack by The B-52's
- Treasure by Bruno Mars
- My Boo by Usher
- Like I Love You by Justin Timberlake
- As Long As You Love Me by The Backstreet Boys
- Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden
- Down The Aisle by LL COOL J
- Butterfly by Jason Mraz
Lovefool by Cardigans
Slow R&B Dance Songs
- I’ll Give All My Love To You by Keith Sweat
- I'll Be Loving You by New Kids On The Block
- Forever by R. Kelly
- All My Life by K-Ci and Jojo
- This I Promise You by Nsync
- Swear It Again by Westlife
- Forever, For Always, For Love by Luther Vandross
- Knocks Me Off My Feet by Stevie Wonder
- When You Really Love Someone by Alicia Keys
Stand By Me by Ben E. King
Mother and Son/Father and Daughter Dance
Miscellaneous Songs to be Played While Waiting For The Ceremony to Begin/While Waiting To Get Seated During The Reception
- Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift
- I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz
- Might As Well Dance by Jason Mraz
- Marry You by Bruno Mars
- The Woman I Love by Jason Mraz
- Sleeping to Dream by Jason Mraz
- I Miss You by Incubus
- I’m Yours by Jason Mraz
- She Don't Know She's Beautiful by Sammy Kershaw
- Fallin’ by Alicia Keys
- Gold To Me by Ben Harper
- Better Together by Jack Johnson
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
- Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
- Let The Music Play by Barry White
- Celebration by Kool and the Gang
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye
- Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye
- More Than Words by Extreme
- Longer by Dan Fogelberg
- The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by James Taylor
You can click on each of the titles to listen to each song in YouTube.
- whitesapphire Admin